Since 1998 we have been mitigating social exclusion by providing Shared Transport to people with a disability, and seniors over 65 years of age, living independently in the community. These services help ease congestion on our roads and provide a more environmentally friendly and inexpensive means of transport for the public.
Our Shared Transport option is a door-to-door service at a low, flat rate to any destination on the Gold Coast. Clients can use this service to see their doctor, attend events, visit the library, go out for lunch or even just grab a few things from the shop.
Clients are collected from their homes and transported in the comfort of one of our fleet vehicles by our team of volunteer drivers. Those requiring assistance may also benefit from our team of volunteer carers.
Our caring team are regularly trained in senior first aid, CPR, industry updates, alcohol and drug policies and manual handling, to ensure they are well qualified to deal with any situation that might arise. They are the front line of our operations and make sure our clients are safely transported to their destination in clean and comfortable vehicles.
Community transport is a key enabler of participation, recreational and social inclusion, and citizenship of people living with a disability.
So, under the NDIS, VSA Transport Services has developed new and innovative transport services to meet the needs and preferences of NDIS Participants. This includes:
- A large fleet of vehicles, from sedans to 12-seat buses;
- Customisations to include wheelchair accessibility and ease of access (including service animals);
- The cheapest transport rates in the market;
- Door to door pickup, not just curb to curb;
- Trained and professional drivers with full security screening;
- A centralised bookings and scheduling team to make sure that your transport is well organised and dependable.
We have been providing community transport for people living with a disability for over 16 years. This is our specialty.
Contact us to find out more on 07 5526 5288
This All Sounds Great – But What Exactly Do We Do?
If you require support to get from one place to another, we:
- Find out what support you require to ensure that you can participate fully within your community; Arrange things for you that you require, such as:
- A modified/adaptive vehicle (for example, wheelchair accessibility, support animal-friendly, and so on)
- A trained driver and other support staff;
- Alternative options if your NDIS funding package is insufficient to meet your needs
- Talk with you other service providers, including core and capacity building providers, support coordinators and plan managers to create a network of supports to make sure that your transport is well organised and coordinated;
- Provide a higher level of service and one based on courtesy – this means that we don’t meet you on the footpath, instead we meet you at the door, help you with your bags, take an interest in what you like and how you like to be supported;
- Can also support you to have full time and permanent access to your own customised/ modified vehicle – which you keep and which you can use whenever you like. We provide drivers and support staff where required to ensure that you can use the vehicle whenever you like;
- Can also support you to link with other people who require transport and help you to use the vehicle to create your own micro-business.
Assistance With Daily Life
Our NDIS services include providing support for NDIS participants to maintain their home environment, and to live as autonomously as possible. These services include:
- Assistance with personal domestic activities
- House and/or yard maintenance
- Home cleaning and other household activities
To book any of these services, please call (07)5526 5288Accessing Our Services
We take a personalised approach – we want to talk with you and learn how best to work with you to meet your needs and preferences. So, all you need to do is call or email us. We will then:
- Ask you some basic questions such as your name and address;
- Ask you about what transport supports you have now, and what you would like into the future;
- Provide you with a quote;
- Find out whether you have an NDIS plan and/ or whether you would like to be a social enterprise owner;
- Find out about you current core/ capacity supports provider, and ask your permission to speak with them. This helps us to be able to coordinate your transport;
- We will go through some paperwork with you – this will be a Service Agreement if you’re an NDIS participant, or a rental agreement if you want to start your own micro-business/social enterprise.
- We can setup a schedule for when you would like to travel (if you know in advance when/ where you would like to travel), and we also give you access to our booking and scheduling team – they are a team of people who take your call and work with you to make sure that the transport service is perfectly suited to your needs;
- If you decide that you would like your own vehicle, then that is a separate process and we can talk to you about what is involved – just call us.
Our calendar of Social Outings takes in the best of south east Queensland and northern NSW with trips to art galleries, museums, restaurants, gardens and more.
Social Outings are offered on a weekly basis to clients over 65 as a means of getting out and participating in a social environment. Services are frequently at capacity so be sure to book your spot early.
To receive our Social Outings calendar please call us on 07 5526 5288.
December 2018 Christmas Lights
Our seniors got into the festive spirit with an evening outing to view the Christmas lights around the Gold Coast and enjoyed a dinner at the Dog and Parrot Tavern in Robina
26 October 2018 Couran Cove
Our seniors went on a ferry ride to discover the delightful Couran Cove Island Resort then enjoyed a lunch at Hope Island Tavern.
Our Shopping Club is a regular service transporting clients to their local shopping centre on set days. Clients are collected from their homes and taken in safety and comfort on a 2 hour shopping trip. To use this service you must be aged 65 years or over, and be registered with My Aged Care. A small out of pocket supplement applies and you can read about the current costs our FAQs.
Vehicle & Driver Hire
Volunteering Gold Coast's fleet is now available for hire! If you’re looking for a mini bus for your next event, function or social outing why not give us a call? We have 14 vehicles to choose from, ranging from 9 - 12 seater buses, and our nine-seater vehicles also have wheelchair accessibility.
We offer very competitive prices, which covers a booking fee and fuel costs for the duration of the hire, and all vehicles are maintained to an extremely high standard, ensuring the comfort of your passengers. We offer full day and weekend hire, plus we have the option to hire a casual driver.
To find out more simply complete our Quick Quote Form
Gold Member Loyalty Program
We reward our loyal and frequent users of our Transport Services through our Gold Member Loyalty Program. Loyalty cards are issued to clients who utilise our Shared Transport, Shopping Club or Social Outings services more than once a month, and go in the draw to win monthly prizes. To get your Gold Member Loyalty Program card simply call us on 07 5526 5288.